Mid-America Overseas was founded in Chicago in 1976 by Burkard M. Schmitt.
From their origins as an ocean freight forwarder, MAO has evolved and expanded into a global transportation and logistics provider, supported by loyal and hard-working employees.
Global ocean transportation is still an important element in the complete scope of services MAO provides.
Mid America Overseas services today includes air and ocean transportation, customs brokerage, warehousing and cargo distribution, and related MIS services, all supervised via a single, coordinated support system.
Mid America Overseas Advantages
- 37 Offices (18 in the United States and 19 Overseas)
- 450,000 Square Feet of Customs Bonded Warehousing Facilities
- 400+ Employees
- 25+ US Licensed Customs Brokers
- TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Approved
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) as Agents – 01-1-0418/011
- C-TPAT Approved
- MAO (Shanghai) Licensed to Operate as an International Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company in China
- US EPA SmartWay Partner Since 2011