Since we began operations in 1988, OIA Global has expanded services and global reach to become a leading supply chain management company with a unique blend of global logistics and supply chain optimization services. Still, we believe it is our dedicated staff of the industry’s best professionals that makes the difference. With deep roots in innovation and a customer-first mentality, we make a large impact for our clients. It is this same mentality that has kept us moving forward and reinventing ourselves since 1988.
In 1988, Oregon International Air Freight (OIA) was incorporated in Portland, OR to provide expedited transportation of perishable items shipping from the U.S. West Coast to Asia. Shortly after, an office in Los Angeles was opened and the company became known as an expert in expedited international air freight to Asia. Eight months later, OIA Global was nominated by a large northwest footwear manufacturer to airship component parts to factories around the world.
Over the next 10-12 years, the company continued to expand services that provided efficiencies for its clients. Customs Brokerage, Ocean Freight Forwarding, and Warehousing & Distribution were immediate services OIA expanded. In 2001, OIA Global continued to expand its service network by acquiring PSD International and Westrans.
In 2005, a major addition to OIA’s service offering came when the company launched the Creative Packaging Solutions (CPS) team to provide cost savings through packaging redesign, sourcing and management, and supply chain optimization. This part of the business continues to grow today. Providing a wide array of global supply chain services, OIA’s clients are offered something no other 3PL provides: logistics solutions, creatively packaged.
OIA Global Advantages
For over 29 years, OIA has developed reliable freight forwarding and logistics solutions for major international companies, with a large portfolio of services including in-land transportation, multi-modal capabilities, and contract logistics.
- Air Freight Forwarding: Through strategic partnerships with air carriers, we secure guaranteed space allocations that provide you with options for fast, reliable transit times and enable us to handle any type of shipment or value-added requirement.
- Ocean Freight Forwarding: As a proven Ocean Transportation Intermediary (OTI) and Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC), OIA provides reliable ocean freight service with flexible delivery options to/from all major ports worldwide. Our services include LCL and FCL shipments, consolidations, and project cargo.
- Expedited & Road Freight Forwarding: OIA utilizes our network of hand-selected partners to move your cargo. We specialize in domestic and international moves of both LTL and FTL shipments and connect these services to international or intercontinental air and ocean services. OIA Expedite is a control tower for your urgent, distressed and custom-critical shipments, providing Next Flight Available, Overnight, 2-day, FTL, and LTL, as well as deferred shipping and hot-shot dedicated trucking.
- Project Logistics:To remain competitive in today’s global economy, it’s imperative companies can supply out-of-gauge, hazardous, and project equipment worldwide. However, these heavy lift cargo shipments present unique international logistics challenges, and OIA is there to ensure every obstacle is overcome.
- Customs Brokerage: OIA provides a wide array of customs brokerage services to help you navigate the complexity of customs documentation, procedures, regulations, and restrictions, to keep goods moving quickly and efficiently across international borders.
- Contract Logistics: OIA’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Radio Frequency (RF) transactions management provide you with optimum inventory control.
OIA’s retail packaging team can design and engineer your retail packaging to boost sales, and protect much more than just your product! Our designers and engineers rigorously focus on sustainability and the impact of your retail design on transportation costs. What’s more, utilizing OIA’s trademarked OPTIBOX™, we engineer packaging optimization solutions, executing optimized shipper cartons, and air and ocean containers, straight through your supply chain.