Sumitomo Warehouse (U.S.A.), Inc. is a member of Sumotomo Warehouse Group.
We had our 120-year anniversary on July 1st, 2019, and started a new journey with a slogan: Moving forward together into the future.
We have expanded our business from our original warehouse business to land transportation, port operations, international freight forwarding, real estate management and ocean transportation since 1899.
As the family business of the Sumitomo family, Sumitomo Warehouse started their warehouse business in 1899. The headquarters was in Osaka and a branch was opened in Kobe. (The Sumitomo family crest is pictured on a roof tile used for a warehouse.)
This was made possible because goods move systematically on a global scale. And our global network is the foundation of this kind of global logistics movement.
Sumitomo Warehouse transportation of goods with at least two different modes of transportation like vessels, airplanes, vehicles, and rail is called multimodal transport or combined transport.
If goods are exported to another country, our work begins with moving a shipment to a port and executing export procedures, and continues by booking it for ocean or air transportation, loading and unloading, executing import procedures at the destination, and delivery to the final destination.
We, Sumitomo Warehouse Group, can take care of all these phases of transportation from the beginning until the end.
Sumitomo Warehouse Advantages
- Capable of picking and packing more than 1,000 kinds of machine parts and daily items, and arranging the deliveries to not only North America but also Central and South Americas. Our flexible and timely handling by utilizing our own warehouse has gained a good reputation.
- Kitting and Assembly
- Capable of sorting and kitting, attaching price tags and bar codes, and commodity checking. We have factory-level power supplying electricity for your installed equipment, easily facilitating assembly and packing services.
- Providing transloading and delivery services by utilizing our own warehouse near Los Angeles and Long Beach Ports for urgent shipments destined to inland locations.
- Providing services through the most suitable office determined by client location and shipment origin and destination. Service is provided by Japanese or bi-lingual staff.
- Domestic Transportation
- Providing the most suitable transportation service by choosing the best service provider among our 50 partners according to the route and request from our client.
- Providing warehousing service by choosing the most suitable warehouse among our contract facilities throughout America. To meet a wide variety of client cargo needs warehousing can be combined with our forwarding services.